Now that Easter has come and gone, you probably have lots of leftover Easter chocolate and candy. Personally, I’d love to eat it all but that interferes with my calorie counting… so instead I’m going to bake with it! That way I can eat some, and freeze the rest. Or give it away… we’ll see which one I decide… Here are some recipes you can use your chocolate in! I’ve added suggestions to the recipes, but you can interchange most of your chocolate in these.
- Chocolate Chunk cookies – take those cheap Easter eggs (you know the ones, with the foil), your Easter bunnies, or those DELICIOUS mini eggs, or and chop them up into chunks. Throw those into your cookies instead of chocolate chips!
- Peanut butter Thumbprint Cookies – Put candy kisses, peanut butter cups or Easter eggs on top of this yummy cookie!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – add half a cup of chocolate chunks to the recipe
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies – make some sugar cookies and top them with icing and candy! This would be a great option for those jellybeans you get
- Ooey Gooey Candy Bars – if you don’t want to use the pre-made chocolate chip cookies, use the chocolate chip recipe above. I’d try using the chocolate covered marshmallows on top. Just rip them up and spread them out!
You can always get your child involved in the baking and decorating of these recipes so you have a fun activity to help them use their candy! Hope you enjoy!